[Snort-users] Generating SSHD Alerts

Scott Taylor scottt at ...4859...
Thu Mar 21 14:11:21 EST 2002

You can do this one:
Add this line to your local.rules file.

alert tcp any any -> any any (msg:"TCP traffic";)

---- Begin Original Message ----

From: kpawloski at ...5338...
Sent: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:06:53 GMT
To: Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Generating SSHD Alerts

OK, so I'll admit this is a newbie related
question.

Right now I have one snort sensor installed
behind a heaving ACL'd network so traffic behind
my firewall is rather quiet alert wise. How can
I generate some alerts on my own to make sure my
rules aren't whacked? I have a bastion box that
I was thinking I can try and set off some false
SSH alerts on my own. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Go to this URL to change user options or
unsubscribe: