[Snort-users] Problem with ACID reports

Steve Halligan giermo at ...187...
Thu Mar 21 13:09:21 EST 2002

Can you verify that data is actually going into the database?
(with a client for you database flavour--for example in mysql:
#>mysql -u snortuser -p snort
mysql>SELECT * from event;
should sit out a bunch of events.

If data is going in, what database are you using?
If no data is going in, look to snort for the problem (your database config
in snort)

and upgrade to acid 0.9.6b20 or 21 (if it is released yet)
there was a bug with oracle (i think) that involved spaces in SQL syntax.

-steve