[Snort-users] Snort and ACID (multiple sensors)

Luo, Feng (Exchange) fengluo at ...5088...
Thu Mar 21 10:59:03 EST 2002

What kind of the secure path for the remote sensor to connect to the MySQL
database you mentioned here, please specify.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Steele [mailto:michaels at ...155...]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 11:11 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: 'Rohit Raju'
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Snort and ACID (multiple sensors)

Rohit,

You will need to have snort log to one centralized database, then use Acid
to read from that one database.

Change the output database line in snort.conf to reflect the location of
your ONE database and change the user name. Then add that user to MySQL with
the approperate permissions. Make sure you have a secure path for the remote
sensor to connect to the MySQL database.

- Michael