[Snort-users] Generating SSHD Alerts

kpawloski at ...5338... kpawloski at ...5338...
Tue Mar 19 18:44:02 EST 2002

OK, so I'll admit this is a newbie related question.

Right now I have one snort sensor installed behind a heaving ACL'd network so traffic behind my firewall is rather quiet alert wise. How can I generate some alerts on my own to make sure my rules aren't whacked? I have a bastion box that I was thinking I can try and set off some false SSH alerts on my own. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.