[Snort-users] portscans and ACID

Mike Macias mike.macias at ...5336...
Tue Mar 19 13:00:16 EST 2002

I've been looking through the snort users archive and found plenty of documentation on how to get ACID to see portscans.  I've finally got things working, however I'm a little concerned about my solution.  In snort.conf I have 2 output plugins specified:

output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=abcdef dbname=snort_db host=localhost
output database: alert, mysql, user=snort password=abcdef dbname=snort_db host=localhost (so that ACID can see portscans)

Will having 2 outputs specified adversely affect any data in the MySQL db?