AW: [Snort-users] snortdb schema update

Poppi, Sandro Sandro.Poppi at ...3316...
Tue Mar 19 07:40:17 EST 2002

> Am I wrong here?:  It looks like the code checks for which
> schema you're
> using before it does any database calls...
>
> which error did you get?
> if you get "database: The database is using an older version of the DB
> schema", then it's just a warning, everything should still work.

This is what I get but snort dumps core (found out recently when starting
snort on the command line). As far as I figured out this is due to some icmp
parsing. I will have a closer look and will evtl. inform via the snort-devel
mailinglist.

> There was no change in the schema as it relates to MySQL, so
> you should be
> able to:
>
> INSERT INTO schema  (vseq, ctime) VALUES ('105', now());
> DELETE FROM schema WHERE vseq = '104';

Is this really true? Why should the schema version change if there is no
change in the schema?

cu,
Sandro