[Snort-users] snortdb schema update

Poppi, Sandro Sandro.Poppi at ...3316...
Tue Mar 19 04:38:06 EST 2002

I just installed the snort rpm 1.8.4 of last saturday over my previously
installed 1.8.4beta1 and snort now tells me that the database schema of my
mysql db is not the actual one (I'm still on 1.04). Is there a simple way to
update the db schema without the need of creating a new db in mysql AND
without loosing existing alerts?

If not, did anyone already have a little script to copy the old database
contents to the new db (any RTFM link is also appreciated but I didn't find
it in the FAQ or archives ;) since I'm no sql guru.

TIA,
Sandro