[Snort-users] Beating a dead horse

Sean T. Ballard stballard at ...4587...
Mon Mar 18 11:15:17 EST 2002

I have a question about using snort to generate e-mail alerts based on
certain types of alerts. What is the best way to go about enabling snort
to send e-mail alerts if a certain rules is generated (DDOS for example)
? I would like the senso to be able to alert me based on rules i have
flagged to generate mails to admins here. Any Ideas?

-Sean

DISCLAIMER:   The information contained in this e-mail may be
confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.  Access,
copying
or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein by any
other
person is not authorized.  If you are not the intended recipient please
notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.