[Snort-users] Re: [Snort-devel] snort stateful inspection testing

Andrea Barisani lcars at ...96...
Sun Mar 17 23:30:09 EST 2002

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 10:47:32AM +0530, Gangadhar NPK wrote:

> the -z est option works on established connections..so thats the reason,
> probably is that once the connection is established snort is not lookin at
> the packets.correct me if i am wrong

I think that snort is not looking at packets that are NOT part of an
established connection.

> regards
> gangadhar

Bye

INFIS Network Administrator & Security Officer         .*.
Department of Physics       - University of Trieste    /V\
lcars at ...96... - PGP Key 0x8E21FE82      (/ \)