[Snort-users] snort DB clean

Frank Carreiro fcarreiro at ...4629...
Fri Mar 15 12:49:02 EST 2002

There should be some cleaner way to do this.  I've been looking at the
tables created and believe there must be some day to use the delete
command and delete based on the timestamp.  I noticed a "cis" field in
the tablespaces.  Looks like some sort of index.  Should be able to
build something referencing that.

I'll play with it now and then.  It's rather low on my priority list
(for now).  Sooner or later I'll have to get serious about it though.
 For now I've simply used phpMyadmin to drop certain signatures then
optimize the database.  It works but still a dirty way to maintain the
MySql database.

Frank