[Snort-users] snort DB clean

Chris Green cmg at ...1935...
Fri Mar 15 05:36:05 EST 2002

HelpdeskNetbrahma <HelpdeskNB at ...5271...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> We have configured Snort with mysql database. Can anybody suggest a way to
> clean the old data from database periodically, we came across
> snort_cleandb.pl, but could not find downalods.
>   Will be great help if anybody can suggest alternate for the same r the
> location of download for snort_cleandb.pl
>
> Thanks in advance

I wrote that quite a while ago when playing with different logging
methods of snort and I doubt it even works on current
versions of the the database schema.  If anyone wants to take over
maintence of it, just drop me a line and it's all yours :-)

Right now, if it breaks, you get to keep both pieces :)