[Snort-users] Cheaper Snort!

Wirth, Jeff WirthJe at ...4876...
Thu Mar 14 11:04:11 EST 2002

> I am not trying to advocate an OS war, but just making a suggestion that
> it can be easier to convince 'some' management types when offering a
> solution that costs nothing more than the hardware

spy,

Don't forget the warm body used to
install/configure/monitor/troubleshoot/etc isn't $FREE. Most shops will
stick with their strengths and that may just be win32.  Or the alternative
would be, PAY to bring in new talent or PAY to have your existing win32
gurus trained on a real..oops I'll stop there.

you forgot one...

Snort on *BSD..........$FREE

- Jeff