[Snort-users] It does not work? that it can be?

Roman Danyliw roman at ...438...
Thu Mar 14 07:20:12 EST 2002

- Are you sure you compiled Snort with MySQL support (i.e. you used
--with-mysql) in the command.

- When you start snort, do you see an output line like:

database: configured to use ( mysql )

- Is the syntax of the database output plugin configuration correct?

It should be something of the following form:

output database: log, mysql, user=root password=test dbname=db host=localhost

What does your output configuration line look like?

Roman