[Snort-users] RE: Installing SNORT 1.8.3 on win2k server

Ofir Arkin ofir at ...949...
Wed Mar 13 16:25:03 EST 2002

Stuart Staniford wrote:

>Firstly, I'd like to say that I appreciate tremendously the years of
>volunteer effort you have put into Snort in the past.  No-one would
>question the massive contribution you have made in starting and
>sustaining Snort, and the Snort community.  You were public spirited in

>the extreme.  We at Silicon Defense are deeply grateful for what you
>pioneered...

Stuart,
This is a bold statement from someone who directly benefited from Mr.
Roesch efforts in developing Snort and making it _the_ number 1
security-based open source project (in my opinion).