[Snort-users] barnyard on Alpha

Andrew R. Baker andrewb at ...950...
Wed Mar 13 15:31:20 EST 2002

Leigh David Heyman wrote:
 > Has anyone tried building barnyard on an alpha running FreeBSD?

Umm, no.  I only have access to an Alpha running Tru64 and I have not
tried building on that either yet.  The platforms that will probably be
best supported are Mac OS X, Linux x86, and OpenBSD x86.  Sparc Solaris
will also get some work since I have a box available and cazz
continually bugs me about support.

 > In file included from ../../src/input-plugins/dp_alert.h:28,
 >                  from op_fast.c:30:
 > ../../src/event.h:35: field `ref_time' has incomplete type
 >
 > There's a bugid on sourceforge for this (507642). do any of the
developers
 > know the progress and/or a workaround?

If this is what I think it is, then you need to add:

      #include <sys/time.h>

at the beginning of event.h.

-Andrew

PS.  we have a barnyard-users mailing list setup that does not get near
as much traffic (hardly none actually) of snort-users