[Snort-users] Need to log FULL packets

Junaidi Bin Sapari junaidi at ...4162...
Wed Mar 13 14:07:01 EST 2002

On Thursday 14 March 2002 02:59, Matt Kettler wrote:

Snort is able to do tagging. This is based on the rule which is triggered.
Once a rule is triggered, all the traffic involving the source host is
logged. Below is one of my example, so just apply the same for which
particular rules you want.
(from web-iis.rules)
alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $IIS_SERVERS 80 (msg:"WEB-IIS cmd.exe access";
flags: A+; content:"cmd.exe"; nocase; classtype:web-application-attack;
sid:1002; rev:2; tag: host, 300, packets, src;)