[Snort-users] Spade ---What gives

bthaler at ...2720... bthaler at ...2720...
Wed Mar 13 09:33:03 EST 2002

Just to confirm, because neither FAQ is clear on this:
I can have both:
output database: alert, mysql, user=snort, dbname=snort_log host=localhost password=foo
output database: log, mysql, user=snort, dbname=snort_log host=localhost password=foo
at the same time, right?

I changed my "log" to "alert" and the number of alerts dropped from about 1000 per hour to about 200...
So I'm assuming that "alert" doesn't include "log".

Right now, I'm using both "alert" and "log".  Does it matter which is listed first in the snort.conf?

Thanks for all the help, BTW.

Sincerely,

Brad T.