[Snort-users] Spade ---What gives

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Wed Mar 13 08:59:12 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 bthaler at ...2720... wrote:

> Well, since I'm not using Acid, I would have no reason to look in the Acid
> FAQ's, would I?

Ahhh...  I didn't catch the original post that you sent over.  I just saw the
'spade alerts' and 'database', so I assumed ACID.  My bad.

> Perhaps this should be included in the *Snort* FAQ.....oh wait, it already
> is...doh! But to my own defense, this problem is listed as "Portscans are
> not being logged to my database", so a layperson like myself wouldn't know
> that this is the same problem.

Layperson?  Naaaa...  That's only for people eating lots of Lays potato chips.
;-)

Good point about adding/modifing the FAQ to note that the Spade stuff won't be
logged as well.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams