skill2die4 at ...131...
Wed Mar 13 06:55:05 EST 2002
I was working on flexREsp in my lab and the set-up was :
- compA - +++++++++++++ - compB -
+++ = crossover
compA = running snort
compB = testing machine
So, in my case even though FLEXRESP might be installed
properly; it wasn't replying to packets with a RST packet (as per
the rules that I created) due to time frame given to snort to create the
packet(as per my understanding now...thanks to ROEL)
1. Was it was because the compA replied before snort could craft the
2. Even if so, I should have seen at least a single RST(even though with
delayed sequence number) packet ?
3. Since I didn't saw even a single RST packet over the network, should
I ASSume that the problem lies with my installation or rulesets ?
4. How can I create network DELAYS in the Lab environment?
[** MOST IMPORTANT **]
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
More information about the Snort-users