[Snort-users] RE: Installing SNORT 1.8.3 on win2k server

Dragos Ruiu dr at ...1935...
Tue Mar 12 19:33:10 EST 2002

Thre is another workaround for the spaces in path problem that I worked out
last night (I have closed off the bug report for this issue on Sourceforge):

Instead of specifying your path as C:\Program Files\...
use the old dos form of C:\progra~1\... no spaces, no problem.

BTW the new version of IDScenter in the new 1.8.4 Win32 installer due out
imminently (as soon as 1.8.4 stabilizes) fixes this spaces issue... it
now puts quotes around the path to the conf file.... unfortunately it
introduces a _new_ issue with spaces in the path to the snort executable :-(,
but I worked around that yesterday by jumping through a few hoops and reorganizing
some stuff, and it shouldn't bite or hurt too much until it gets fixed too.

cheers,
--dr

--
--dr                  pgpkey: http://dragos.com/dr-dursec.asc