[Snort-users] Newbie needs help!!!

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Tue Mar 12 18:04:02 EST 2002

Sean,

While it's extreamly confusing there is a lot of help out here.

#1. Yes & no. You will need at least; Apache, Perl, Snortsnarf, NMake,
WinPcap, and possibly an installer for Perl if your on a 95, 98, or NT
box.

#2. Yes, use NMake to compile them into Perl. You might be able to use
PPM and insert them from a repository (not 100% sure).

#3. No, Snortsnarf can be located, basically anywhere and linked.

If you want to read more try here:

http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/winsnortsnarfapache_1.8.3.htm

- Mike

Commercial Snort Support <<->> 1.866.41.SNORT
 Silicon Defense -- <www.silicondefense.com>
    Home of the new SENTRUS Snort sensor!
  Michael Steele - Snort Support Technician