[Snort-users] RE: Installing SNORT 1.8.3 on win2k server

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1935...
Tue Mar 12 13:01:03 EST 2002

Mike,

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that YP used the Sourcefire
windows installer *or* his version of winpcap and everything to do with the
fact that he put in an improper path argument for the -c switch on his
command line.  He doesn't need to switch to "your" distribution of Snort, he
needs to understand how the command line processing works in Snort.

If you had actually tried to solve his problem instead of applying the
formula of

    if (silicon_defense_product != TRUE)
        goto recommend_silicon_defense_product;

Then your information would have been more helpful to YP and anyone else
reading this thread.  One would hope that the level of support that people
can expect from Silicon Defense's "Snort Support Technicians" will be of a
higher level of quality than just slavish recommendations to only use
Silicon Defense-produced software.

     -Marty

--
Martin Roesch - Founder/CEO, Sourcefire Inc. - (410)290-1616