[Snort-users] RE: Installing SNORT 1.8.3 on win2k server

C.Prickaerts at ...5294... C.Prickaerts at ...5294...
Mon Mar 11 23:35:05 EST 2002

Hi YP,

I had the same problem. Two things:

First my nic was number 2, so snort line should be:
c:\snort\snort.exe -h 192.168.30.0/24 -i 2

Check out what number your lan  card has.

Also, First I installed in the default dir, but it seems the snort engine
cannot handle spaces in the config file when it comes to directory
locations. You'll see this by running snort in a cmd box, instead of via the
IDS gui.

Try installing to c:\ (which would result in c:\snort), adjust script so
that rules scripts are properly cited and see what happens.

Regards,

Chris