[Snort-users] RE: Installing SNORT 1.8.3 on win2k server

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Mon Mar 11 18:57:01 EST 2002

YP,

This is an installation from Sourcefire. You might want to contact Marty
and find out why?  I would be more then happy to help you if you were
using the installation documentation written by me located on our
website as I have never installed the Sourcefire installation. It's
usually a problem with WinPcap. You might try going back one version
(2.2 Non Beta).

- Mike

Commercial Snort Support <<->> 1.866.41.SNORT
Silicon Defense -- <www.silicondefense.com>
Home of the new SENTRUS Snort sensor!
Michael Steele - Snort Support Technician

-----Original Message-----
From: Y P Chien [mailto:ypchien at ...5290...]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 4:30 PM
To: michaels at ...155...
Subject: Installing SNORT 1.8.3 on win2k server

Dear Sir:

I saw your email address and post replies on Snort discussion forum.

It seems that I have the similar problems that most users have with
installing Snort on Win2K system.

I am trying to install Snort on a Win2K server with SP2.  I am using
WinPcap 2.3 beta.  I am getting the following errors:

Initializing Network Interface \
ERROR: OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:
        syntax error
PCAP command: Files\Sourcefire\Snort\snort.conf -l C:\Program
Files\Sourcefire\Snort -A full -h any
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Please help.

YP