[Snort-users] VERY simple 'virtual' honeypot

Ofir Arkin ofir at ...949...
Sat Mar 9 11:31:02 EST 2002

Ryan,

You get to pull the attack of the wire only if they complete it...
If they will not get the right response no attack will be performed.

If the aim is to generate responses than you need to have a real
intelligence engine to produce them in a way the engine itself will not
get fingerprinted.

Also, it is more interesting, in my opinion, to simulate real world
production environment style to Honeynets rather than a virtual one with
less functionality.

Ofir Arkin [ofir at ...949...]
Founder
The Sys-Security Group
http://www.sys-security.com
PGP CC2C BE53 12C6 C9F2 87B1 B8C6 0DFA CF2D D360 43FA