[Snort-users] RE: Snort over SuSE

counter.spy at ...348... counter.spy at ...348...
Sat Mar 9 01:05:02 EST 2002

Alex Brazil writes:

>Hi list.
>I will try to run snort+apache+php+acid+mysql with SuSE linux. Do I will
get
>problems?
>Thanks.
>Alex, Brazil

Depends on how you want to install Snort.
The RPMs didn't work when I tried to install Snort on SuSE 7.3, because SuSE
Linux has a slightly different file structure compared to RedHat.

You possibly will have to compile snort with:
./configure <options here> && make

I had some problems compiling the 1.8.3 RELEASE because the make always
created
some win32 folders and then complained about not finding some files like
win32-make.in
or so.

I finally managed to get the 1.8.4-beta-x up and running, but I think there
are still some
problems with stream4 stability in beta4, that will hopefully be fixed soon.

HTH

Greetings,
D. Liesen

http://www.gmx.net