[Snort-users] Rif: VERY simple 'virtual' honeypot

Alberto Beretta punkbere at ...1877...
Fri Mar 8 08:05:12 EST 2002

The tool LaBrea can detect scan against virtual IP address.
I'm working in a project in which Labrea and Honeypot work together. LaBrea reply to packet generated for network scanning. The Idea is to modify LaBrea to allow a real connection to virtual addresses: this traffic is forwarded to a honeypot. So you can detect the scan and gain information about hacker's metodologies.