[Snort-users] multiple sensors

David Bianco bianco at ...5229...
Thu Mar 7 09:59:07 EST 2002

Luo, Feng (Exchange) writes:
 > I have got snort+mysql+acid to work on one window sensor, I am thinking
 > about having another sensor on another windows,.
 >
 > I installed snort on second machine, modified the snort.conf which has a
 > output plug in " output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=snort
 > dbname=snort host=the name of machine where mysql is", the mysql_error I got
 > is access denied for user: 'snort at ...5227... sensor'.
 >
 > Do I have to install mysql on my second sensor? How about ACID, again?

Sounds like you just need to do something like the following on your
mysql server box:

      % echo "grant INSERT,SELECT on snort.* to snort at ...5230... \
	     IDENTIFIED BY 'snort' | mysql -u root -p

MySQL considers the same usernames on two different hosts to be two
different users.  Replace sensor2 with your second sensor's hostname
and you should be good to go.

	  David

--
David J. Bianco, GSEC		<bianco at ...5229...>

     The views expressed herein are soley those of the author and
	    not those of SURA/Jefferson Lab or the US DOE.