[Snort-users] multiple sensors

Luo, Feng (Exchange) fengluo at ...5088...
Thu Mar 7 08:26:04 EST 2002

I have got snort+mysql+acid to work on one window sensor, I am thinking
about having another sensor on another windows,.

I installed snort on second machine, modified the snort.conf which has a
output plug in " output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=snort
dbname=snort host=the name of machine where mysql is", the mysql_error I got
is access denied for user: 'snort at ...5227... sensor'.

Do I have to install mysql on my second sensor? How about ACID, again?

Feng