[Snort-users] secure communication of linux snortsensor with w2k mysql

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Wed Mar 6 11:14:07 EST 2002

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 counter.spy at ...348... wrote:

> Hello again!

Hello!

> I am trying to find out which way is easiest and best for establishing a
> secure connection for logging between a SuSE 7.3 Snortsensor and a Windows2000
> Advanced Server running MySQL (with Acid and Apache).
>
> Has anybody implemented such a scenario, e.g. with freeswan on the linux box
> and another VPN Software (e.g. the VPN software shipped with Advanced
> Server) for the Windows box?

Well...  I'll just speak on the *nix side since I don't do Windows. :)

Tunnel it over ssh.  Quick, simple and free. :)

Hope that helps!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy