[Snort-users] Please mommy... make the bad man stop!

Rob Hughes rob at ...1932...
Tue Mar 5 22:37:04 EST 2002

Here's the deal. Until some cvs update a few months ago, snort happily
logged /var/log/snort/snort.log. Then it started prepending a time/date
stamp onto the files, neatly removing my ability to do log rotate jobs
since the files now have unpredictable names. This is the only logging
entry:

output log_tcpdump: snort.log

I'm currently running 1.8.4-beta2 on FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE. I've looked
through the code, but can't figure it why its doing this.

HALP! This is driving me nuts.

Thanks,
Rob