[Snort-users] Repeating question re: problems with director operators.

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Tue Mar 5 09:53:08 EST 2002

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Jesus Couto wrote:

[...snip...]

> So unless I'm terribly mistaken and missing something obvious, this is a
> bug. Thats my question.

Actually, it's not a bug, it's a feature.  ;-)

The <- operator is sorta like an appendix.  It's left over and isn't really
useful.  And once it starts to cause troubles, it gets removed...

Try changing your rules to work the other way ( -> ) instead.  I wish I could
give you a better answer, but I can't...  Note:  The developer who wrote that
section of the code is in the middle of a cross country move, and won't be
back online for a while.

Hope that helps!

-----
Erek Adams