[Snort-users] SnortSnarf for Wiodows Complains of Inability to Find JulianDay.p l

Robinson, Eric R. erobinson at ...5206...
Mon Mar 4 13:10:07 EST 2002

I used the swib10.exe installer from Silicon Defense to install Snort for
Windows and SnortSnarf.

I then ran...

	C:\Program Files\Silicon Defense\SWI\SnortSnarf>snortsnarf.pl

And it said...

	Can't locate Time/JulianDay.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ./include
C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib . ./include/SnortSnarf)
		at include/SnortSnarf/AlertBase.pm line 69.
	BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at include/SnortSnarf/AlertBase.pm
line 69.
	Compilation failed in require at include/SnortSnarf/MemAlert.pm line
20.
	BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at include/SnortSnarf/MemAlert.pm
line 20.
	Compilation failed in require at
include/SnortSnarf/SnortFileInput.pm line 23.
	BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
include/SnortSnarf/SnortFileInput.pm line 23.
	Compilation failed in require at C:\Program Files\Silicon
Defense\SWI\SnortSnarf\snortsnarf.pl line 216.
	BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Program Files\Silicon
Defense\SWI\SnortSnarf\snortsnarf.pl line 216.

I suppose I could fix this if I knew how to tell snortsnarf.pl where to look
for JulianDay.pl, but the bigger question to me is, why should I have to do
this? Is this something that the installation overlooks?

Any ideas?

(Please no Unix vs. Windows flames, thanks.)

--Eric