[Snort-users] Snort-Running But not Logging....!!

kamesh_rajaram at ...4543... kamesh_rajaram at ...4543...
Sun Mar 3 23:35:02 EST 2002

Hi Snort/Demarc Users....!!
	This is abt a strange behaviour of snort 1.8.3. I am using DEMARC console to monitor in a Linux 7.0 server with 2 ethernet cards. My problem is that snort is running, but not logging any of the packets that come to the network. The ifconfig command shows that the packets are being picked by the NIC. If i stop & restart it, it works fine. I am unable to figure out the problem... Is there any log that tells me of this kind of a problem...?? Or what can be done to solve this problem......Any advice in this regard will be helpful...

Bye,
Kamesh.

This mail helped a tree grow. Know more at http://green.sify.com

Take the shortest route to success!