[Snort-users] tarball of ArachNIDS available

Chris Green cmg at ...671...
Fri Mar 1 16:59:04 EST 2002

"Ace" <ace_wizard at ...131...> writes:

> So Phil, if I could be so presumptuous as to oversimplify your question:
>
> 	What legal rights do convicted crimminals exercise regarding intellectual
> property over which they a) have copyright protection, or b) do not have
> copyright protection?

Copyright isn't something you lose.  In the weeks before Max was going
to jail, some asked him if he would mind having a mirror and have the
data maintained.  He did not want to give up control and that is his
right to do so.

I know everyone is just trying to help but Max's wishes were to not
have it available from anywhere other than whitehats and even with it
down, it doesn't change that the site is his company's/family's to
control.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...671...>