[Snort-users] New to snort

Tony Carothers tony.carothers at ...4355...
Fri Mar 1 08:58:03 EST 2002

For WIN, you will need to get an application like WinDump, and it's
associated WinPCAP.

http://netgroup-serv.polito.it/windump/

You will need to install WinPCAP on the machine which you choose to run
windump from.  Once you have WinPCAP installed, you are ready to run
WinDump.  This is run from a command line.  It is best to read the manual
first, being a command line app.  Snort will also read these, but I strongly
suggest WinDump.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Ayers [mailto:raa at ...5179...]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 8:21 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] New to snort

First let me start off by saying that I just started using SNORT. I'm
using the latest release of Snort for Windows, version 1.83. I am
getting what appear to be log files that I can't read. I am having a
hard time finding a program that will read them. Can anyone tell me what
switches that I should be using to eliminate this type of log file? The
files are named like this; snort-0215 at ...5180... Can someone point me in
the right direction of the program that I could use to interpret them?

TIA

Rob