[Snort-users] Log to MySQL but without MySQL

Olaf Schreck chakl at ...931...
Fri Mar 1 07:13:12 EST 2002

> I don't want to have all the MySQL packages (and dependants) on the
> machine. I guess I have to have to have them there when I build Snort but I
> would like to know if anyone has done this and knows which bits of MySQL
> absolutely MUST be there for Snort to run?

All you need on the sensor is the libmysqlclient shared library, if
snort is compiled to use MySQL shared libraries (default).
Alternatively, you could link libmysqlclient statically into snort.
In this case you won't need any MySQL stuff on the client, but the
snort binary will be a bit bigger.

ciao,
chakl
--
Olaf Schreck, Syscall Network Solutions AG, Berlin