[Snort-users] Snort architecture- How Detection Engine works?

Yasir Abbas syabbast at ...131...
Sun Jun 30 23:07:06 EDT 2002

Umm! And I thought that all Snort rules are checked
for a packet, without any depth, ie, something like:
"IF this rule is true, then check for this rule, else
not" does not take place, instead all rules are
checked with AND within the rule itself, and OR
between different rules; except activate of course,
but that too activates other rules not for the same
packet, but for the fortcoming packets. So I was
wrong??

- yasir