[Snort-users] Network traffic forwarder (hardware device)

Fri Jun 28 12:49:04 EDT 2002

You're looking for taps.  There is a pretty good article on SecurityFocus last week on this very subject (also has links to vendors).  Check it out here:

http://online.securityfocus.com/infocus/1594
-----Original Message-----
From: Lee, Mike (BlackBoard Support) [mailto:MLee at ...6201...]
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 3:05 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Network traffic forwarder (hardware device)

Hello everyone,

            I know some of you have told me this before, but I am asking again.  Can you send me a URL of a company that makes a device which forwards (actually duplicates) the network traffic.  I saw one before, it has one RJ-45 input and two outputs; one to say your firewall and the other to a snort machine.  I need one of these so I can see all of the nasty port scans on my snort box before they hit my netfilter firewall, which drops scans before snort can take effect.
            Thanks in advance.

Mike