[Snort-users] How to create the DB indices with postgresql

Daniel Lang dl at ...6187...
Fri Jun 28 12:40:15 EDT 2002

Hi Andrew and Ben,

Ben wrote on Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 09:57:16AM -0700:
> FYI, with Postgres 7.2 you can simply run ANALYZE <tablename>, which is much
> faster than a vacuum and doesn't lock the table.

[..]
> VACUUM VERBOSE ANALYZE [tablename];

Thanks again for your help. I will try this, and see what's
going on. So far I think indexing did indeed help something,
but I don't have much alerts in the DB, yet (I purged
the DB and set up everything new, also due to many false
positives, to better craft my snort patterns).
If I will have again ~ 200000 alerts, any improvement
will be obvious.

Cheers,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock  - My name is Pentium of Borg, division is futile, you
                                                will be approximated. -