[Snort-users] 3 Snort, 1 MySQL

Beno Chapman beno_chapman at ...6122...
Fri Jun 28 06:59:04 EDT 2002

Olah,

I'm currently setting something like this up.  My question is why did you
decide to place the MySQL backend 'inside'?  I've been thinking about
placing it inside my DMZ so I can securely access from outside (while at
home).  Plus the way our DMZ is set it's harder for traffic to crawl into
the LAN than it is for traffic to crawl into the DMZ from the LAN.

Late,
Beno Chapman