[Snort-users] snort and slackware..

radus radus at ...6192...
Thu Jun 27 13:45:07 EDT 2002

Hello!
I am sorry to bother you all, i posted on  the forum and nobody answered so i
thought i should come to you.

I use slackware 8.1 and i tried to install snort, everything was ok, i got the
lateste libcap to be sure.

As i started it as i usually did on my other linux box :
/usr/local/bin/snort -i eth0 -d -c /path/to/snort.conf not src net x.y.z.u and
dst port 80
where  x.y.z.u is my ip, and smth weird happened, nothing was logged.
So i used the -v and i saw that snort worked, but here i dunno know what could
be the problem....i think maybe it does not match any rule with the packets i
receive ... buti could be wrong...
If you could give me a solution i would me more than thankfull

Radu