[Snort-users] Lost in the config file

John Sage jsage at ...2022...
Thu Jun 27 06:04:06 EDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 07:34:33AM -0500, K. A. Steensma wrote:

> Erek Adams wrote:
>

> > http://www.snort.org/docs/writing_rules/chap2.html#tth_sEc2.1.3
> >
> > Or quite simply:
> >
> > 	config interface: xl0
> >

> The 'x' is the ???  Without looking at the source code (which I don't do
> alot of), I would think that the interface name would go after the colon
> (:).  True or false?

To quote the reference cited (which I've got to re-read more often :-/ ):

2.1.3  Config

Many configuration and command line options of Snort can be specified
in the configuration file.

Format
config <directive>[: <value> ]

interface
Set the network interface (snort -i). Example: config interface: xl0

Or, perhaps:

config interface: eth0

- John
--
"You are in a little maze of twisty passages, all different."