[Snort-users] Lost in the config file

K. A. Steensma keith at ...6181...
Wed Jun 26 18:57:03 EDT 2002

This is a very small portion of a old message -

-s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx
*** This works properly ***

I (really) have given the user manual and FAQ a 'pretty good' look and
can not figure out what the 3 numbers after the colon (:) are for. It
seems the I have 'skipped' reading a very necessary doc.

And I'm very mixed up in relating the command line options to the config
file.  What I mean is; I can add the '-i' command line option to
designate the interface to watch, but how would I put this into the
config file instead of on the command line?

Am I missing something or is there no 'search' feature in the mailing
list archieves at Geocrawler? I really feel like a novice (which I
really am when it comes to Snort).