[Snort-users] I think I know the answer to this, but not 100% sure

Eric Garnel egarnel3470 at ...131...
Wed Jun 26 07:57:02 EDT 2002

Here is my scenario:
cable modem --- pix -- internal network

Here is what I want to do:

                        PIX----internal network
                        /
cable modem ----------hub
                        \
                        Snort (linux box)
                        front nic in promiscuous mode
                              back nic on dmz or internal

This may seem like a really stupid question, but do I need to assign
an ip to the front nic of the snort box if it will be running in
promiscuous mode? I can;t believe that I am even asking it, hand me
another twinkie