[Snort-users] [ANN] HenWen 1.0.2 for Snort

Nick Zitzmann nickzman at ...3027...
Wed Jun 26 07:55:05 EDT 2002

HenWen 1.0.2 is out. You can download it now from my software page.

If you missed my last few announcements, here's the description:
"HenWen is a network security package for Mac OS X that makes it
easy to configure and run Snort, a free Network Intrusion
Detection System (NIDS). HenWen's goal is to simplify setting up
and maintaining software that will scan network traffic for
undesirable traffic a firewall may not block. Everything you
need to have is bundled in; there is no compiling or command
line use necessary."

In other words, it's like an IDScenter for Mac OS X. (But it's
not based on IDScenter at all.)

This new version is mostly a minor maintenance update with no
big new features - unless you live in a place where German is
spoken. That's right, HenWen is now available in German. I also
added a lot of new documentation to explain what some of the
alerts mean.

Nick Zitzmann
ICQ: 22305512

Check out my software page: http://homepage.mac.com/nickzman/