[Snort-users] snort-mysql installation - not logging

Cearns Angela acearns at ...131...
Tue Jun 25 16:30:02 EDT 2002

Hi, I'm very new to snort.
I followed the installation guideline of the Snort
Installation manual and user manual.

Snort seems to be running since I can see results on
the console with snort -vde. I can also use snort -de
-l /log to a local local directory

Mysql processes are running too. I installed mysql
first.  When I installed snort, and I did compile
snort with ./configure --with-mysql. I was able to
create the table using the create_mysql script. I did
change the snort.conf to
output database: log, mysql, user=root password=snort
dbname=snort host=192.168.124.3
I've also changed the permission as indicated in the
manual.

However, I wasn't able to log anything to mysql. There
was no error. I tried using
ping -l 1600 192.168.124.3 (my host name) from another
machine.
When I did "Select count(*) from event", the count is
0.

Pardon me for such a beginner's question. If you can
help, I'd really appreciate it. I try to connect snort
to mysql before attempting ACID configuration.

Thanks,
Angela