[Snort-users] Stupid question, as in I ought to know the answer to this.
cpw at ...440...
Tue Jun 25 09:36:03 EDT 2002
Here is what I want to do:
1. log alerts to binary file
2. log "redalerts" to syslog
3. DO NOT create an alert file (fast or full)
Here is what I did to get that to happen:
1. put the following in my config file:
output log_tcpdump: /some/full/path/to/binarylogfile
type log <<<--- notice not alert
output alert_syslog: LOG_LOCAL5 LOG_DEBUG LOG_PERROR
2. start snort with the -A none option
This causes a WARNING:
WARNING: command line overrides rules file alert plugin!
However, I get the desired result, namely no alert file (fast or full format),
and syslogs for the few redalerts I want to know about instantly.
So, what could I do otherwise to get the desired result, and avoid the
More information about the Snort-users