[Snort-users] Re: Mysql problem

Alex Pinheiro Machado Rodrigues alex at ...3156...
Sat Jun 22 11:55:02 EDT 2002

MessageI had this problem yesterday. I had to erase all database and create again.
Delete the folder /var/lib/mysql/snort and re-run the mysql comands (create database snort, grant, etc...etc...)

Alex, Brazil

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Steve Moran
  To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
  Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 11:14 AM
  Subject: [Snort-users] Mysql problem

  I have some rules set up to monitor surfing, which generate a ton of alerts.  Like 70,000 alerts a day.  The problem is, when I try to delete, archive, or anything other than view some of the alerts when I have that many I get a 'Database ERROR:Database ERROR:Can't open file: 'data.MYD'. (errno: 145)'

  Anyone else see this with large #'s of alerts?  Or have any idea how to fix it.