[Snort-users] Real Time Alert sensor

Pathmenanthan Ramakrishna nanthan14 at ...5703...
Fri Jun 21 21:05:02 EDT 2002

hi, i developing a sensor which is real time where it would read the data from the alert files and MYSQL database which gererated by SNORT IDS while running.

Instead of doing indirect monitoring analysis, this sensor would act as direct monitoring and alerts the admin what should do after its has analyze the signature of attack.

Does SNORT already have this sort of meachanism?

I need some suggestion for my research thesis?

thanks....

NANTHAN.R